<t:TransitionElement Content=”{Binding}”>
        <!– rotate tab contents –>
        <t:TransitionElement.Transition>
          <trans:RotateTransition Duration=”0:0:1.500″
                                  Angle=”90″ />
        </t:TransitionElement.Transition>
      </t:TransitionElement>
    </DataTemplate>

It breaks the vs.net 2008 designer and i get an error stating that TransitionConverter cannot convert the transition type. I debugged in and found that i had to add code to strip the namespace off the string being passed to the TransitionConverter.ConvertFrom function just to get it to work properly. All that is fine and dandy but now I have written a custom Transition and am having problems finding a good way to get it working.

I tried writing a custom TypeConverter and Attributing the CustomTransistion with it, but the vs.net designer still calls the TransitionConverter instead :(

I think ideally the best way to go anyway is to come up with a better implementation for the TransitionConverter, as stated in the comments:

// TODO: The implementation of this class is too restrictive. Does not easily support adding new 
// transitiosn to the core and does not support transitions outside of this project.

I would be more than happy to implement something more robust if someone could help me come up with a good idea for making it extensible enough to allow for custom transitions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM

steve_baker wrote:
I have used the tab control implementation I found here:

Hey Steve, thanks for your note. Any chance you could document this as an issue in the issue tracker? That way it will show up in Visual Studio as a task item for the project. As much information as possible to reproduce the error is appreciated. I hope to spend some time on Transitionals later this week and will have a chance to look at it.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2008 at 6:03 AM
This isssue has been resolved and is checked in to source control. I created a Work Item for this to associte the check-in but in the future please try to do this when reporting a bug. This fix will be included in the 1.1 binary release.