Welcome screen before loading first transition

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to get a welcome transition element before my slideshow gets loaded.

Here is my code. I have two "yes/no" images. There is a seven second duration before the first image gets loaded. I am trying to fill that time by inserting my
own welcome screen. Even better, is there a way to load the first item immediately instead of waiting for seven seconds.

<tranc:Slideshow Name="slideshow" AutoAdvance="True" AutoAdvanceDuration="0:0:7" >                
            <tranc:SlideshowItem >               
                <Image Source="Resources\no.jpg"></Image>
            </tranc:SlideshowItem>            
            <tranc:SlideshowItem>                
                <Image  Source="Resources\yes.jpg"></Image>
            </tranc:SlideshowItem>
            <tranc:Slideshow.Transition>
                <trant:DoubleRotateWipeTransition />                    
            </tranc:Slideshow.Transition>
            <tranc:Slideshow.TransitionSelector >
                <trant:TwoWayTransitionSelector Direction="Forward" />
            </tranc:Slideshow.TransitionSelector>
        </tranc:Slideshow>

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Are you saying that the first element in the slideshow doesn't appear until after AutoAdvanceDuration? If so, it probably shouldn't be that way -- could you open up a bug in the Issue Tracker?
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Indeed. Thats exactly the behavior I am facing. Is there a workaround that you can suggest for now ? I will open a bug in Issue Tracker.
Apr 8, 2009 at 1:17 PM
The only thing I can think to try would be to start with the SlideShow in AutoAdvance="False" and "AutoAdvanceDuration="0:0:0". Then subscrie to the Loaded event of the SlideShow. In the code for the Loaded event, set AutoAdvanceDuration back to "0:0:7" first, then set AutoAdvance back to True.

I can't test this right now, but I think it might work.
Apr 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM
Actually, I just thorught of something that might be even easier. Subscribe to the Loaded event of the TransitionControl but instead of enabling and disabling and changing times, just call SlideShow.TransitionNext() as soon as the Loaded event is raised.
Apr 13, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Thanks so much. I tried the second solution and it works like a charm.
Aug 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Help Me Please

http://transitionals.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=65559