Transitionals and Prism

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hi,

I am using Prims in a Project and I would like to use Transitionals for my Regions. Thats is everytime a new view is add to the region I would like execute a transtion. I beleive that I need to create a RegionAdapter for TransitionElement.

Do you know someone that have already developed a RegionAdapter like this ????

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2010 at 4:52 PM

A RegionAdapter sounds correct. I think I did this a long time ago but I can't seem to find the code. It wasn't hard, since all you have to do is set or clear the Content property.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Hi Jared,

In this weekend I developed a RegionAdapter. I cloned the ContentController Adapater and changed it to TrasitionElement It worked OK but there was a problem:

When I switch the views it seems that the transition occurs in two steps: First it removes the current view with the effect I have chosen, then it shows the other view. I beleive that this is a problem of Prism, the two steps are visually distinct and slow.  I could not get the same result I got when I simply used a transitionelement without Prism.

The transition was not smooth as you did in your sample and there is a noticeble gap beetween the two steps. Can you help me ??

Thanks in advance

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I had the same issue, the following describes my solution:

http://compositewpf.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=201498