This release includes several bug fixes and a few new features. Here are the release notes:
- Added strong name signing.
- Removed TransitionToNullIgnored property from TransitionElement. This was a remnant from Acropolis and complicated transition code.
- Cleaning and refactoring of TransitionElement.
- Replaced use of AdornerDecorator directly with ContentPresenter. There wasn't a good reason for using it and it doesn't exist on Silverlight.
- After ContentPresenter became the root element some visibility bugs became apparent that weren't visible before (e.g. oldContent was visible during 3D transitions). Content couldn't be Hidden or Collapsed, however, because VisualBrush won't draw it. Instead, a method on TransitionElement was implemented to virtually hide content by moving it to an internal collapsed grid that's still in the visual tree. If the new content is hidden in this way it will automatically be re-shown when the transition is completed.
- Added TransitionEventArgs to the TransitionBeginning and TransitionEnded events. TransitionEventArgs now provides the subscriber with the transition that just completed, the old content and the new content.
- Resolved issue 2756 (InvalidOperationException with VisualBrush and re-parenting content presenter).
- Added a TransitionsEnabled property to TransitionElement. Simplifies enabling and disabling transitions via binding. Can be used to turn transitions on and off based on machine performance.
- Changed all projects to use linked files for company, copyright and version numbers.
- Changed the implementation of TransitionConverter to use reflection and Type.GetType. The converter will ensure that the named type inherits from Transition, but the type can be defined in any assembly.
- Removed B button
- Added 'Clear' button (red circle with a line through it) that sets content to null.
If you find a bug in this release please use the Issue Tracker to submit it before discussing it in the forums. Also, any sample project or steps to reproduce would be extremely helpful. Thanks!